I wonder what the personality characteristics are of bloggers are? This is not for everybody. Most of my friends look at me like I just landed from a strange planet when I mention a blog. I often feel like I am from a strange planet. I am not the person I use to be. Whilst I love all that having a blog offers and there is quite a bit, I still feel like I have been invaded by outer beings at times. Here are some of the more recent developments-
- I have become a night owl. Trying to add blogging onto everything else going on at the moment is a challenge and you do need peace and quiet around you. This definetly takes a bit of concentration. My early nights are a thing of the past and dare I say I have even found myself hitting the sack at 2:00am. Could this possibly be the same person? It must be because I still get up at 6:30am to start the day. Caffeine has become my friend.
- I have developed chronic writers syndrome. Pieces of paper flutter around me everywhere I go. I feel like Linus from Charlie Brown. Like the dust following him on the tail of his blanket, I have little pieces of paper following in my wake.
- I have developed that annoying habit with people of casually dropping in I HAVE A BLOG. Always on the ready and ever so eager to do so. I think people find that annoying. I hate it when people do that...what is happening to me??
- I have a brain that never stops which I imagine is perfect for me. I have always wondered if I have ADHD and now it is a proven fact. Magazines, newspapers, internet, books, people, shopping, newsagents, restaurants...always scanning...always looking for those few words that turn into an idea. I cringe to think how people who have had blogs for several years do this.
- I have children who think Mom is a bit loopy talking about her blog and what they call her imaginary friends. "Oh, there is Mom again on the computer conversing with her imaginary friends (eyes roll)". I quietly sit there thinking 'gee, this sounds familiar, what do they think they are doing on their phones and computers all day?'
- I have lost 4 kgs....could this be perhaps to the above?
I was away for two weeks. I don't need to use a calculator to figure this one out except to say that I am having fun. This is still my therapy. I am enjoying all the wonderful people I come across and I feel happy in the knowledge that there are kindred spirits out there in the blogosphere who can probably relate to some of the things I have just written. Blog on!